Today We Saw ... (May 27)

a mother snapping turtle laying eggs. See the after pictures on the side bar. More photos coming soon.

Team 4 Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Well, I fed Rocky in the late morning again and he didn't eat anything.

Outside ZS yelled LOOK A HUGE WORM!!! Then I raced over to her then the bell rang. When I walked up the stairs then everybody said EWW!
After lunch, when I came into my classroom I dropped the worm. IN ONE SNAP THE WORM WAS GONE.

At the end of the day. Wait for it, wait for it, and SNAP!
Did Rocky just bite the worm's head? Or the worm's tail?
I don't think Rocky knows. But I don't think he even cares.
SNAP, CHOMP, SNAP.
He's trying to bite the worm. The worm's skin is much too stiff for little Rocky.
I didn't think Rocky could eat the worm whole. But he did ...
He stretched out his neck all the way and GOLP, GOLP, GOLP, jerked the worm down his long esophagus and landed in his belly PLOP. He ate the whole worm!!! That was his second worm today!!!