Today We Saw ... (May 27)

a mother snapping turtle laying eggs. See the after pictures on the side bar. More photos coming soon.

Team 4 Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In the morning I fed Rocky 9 Reptomin I wonder why? Well I actually kind of do know why, because he kept breathing nonstop and I didn't have anough time to feed him. I was going to give him a good meal because it was St. Patrick's Day but he kept breathing.

In the afternoon my turtle team fed Rocky 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 reptomin. On his eleventh Reptomin I put the Reptomin behind the heater by accident. He crawled under the heater, lifted one end of the heater off the ground, and SNAP he ate it. Then he backed out of the corner. Then I fed him 12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Reptomin. Then he hid under the plant so noone could see him.

In the late afternoon we fed Rocky 2 Reptomin, he just ate it in a blink of a eye. Then I decided to feed him 1 more pellet. Once I dropped it in Rocky GRABBED THE PELLET AND STARTED YANKING AT IT. Since Rocky had been eating so much I wanted to feed him a cube of mosquito larvae. He stared at the cube then he ate the whole thing in 1 bite. After that we fed him a pellet of Growth formula SNAP! Rocky ate the whole entire thing. Then we fed Rocky a cube of Tubifix worms. Just in a second everything was gone. Some day we have to measure Rocky.