Today We Saw ... (May 27)

a mother snapping turtle laying eggs. See the after pictures on the side bar. More photos coming soon.

Team 1 Friday, March 26, 2010

Second Shift

Today we had pajama day, but we talked not so much. But we say, one or two sentences about it though. So really, this is what happened: "OK Rocky, just let me get over all these reading, lying down people," I mouthed. "Thanks for waiting Rocky!!!" I mouthed again. It was quiet, and if I talked, I would get... "Shhhh, TL! We are trying to read!" Or something or whatever they think might make me shut down my mouth, like a computer. Anyhow, I did my Reptomin part, which, as always, comes first. "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,
3-"I said. TJ interrupted me. "TTTLLLLL," She sang. "Time to goooo." "Wait!" I shouted. "-1,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,4-" "Really! We will be late!" SA said. "Two more!" I pleaded. "40,41!" I shouted. "Let's go!" Bye! (We went to Library, really, Bye!)


Fourth Shift

1 worm, 2 worm, 3 worm, 4 worm, 5 worm, 6 worm, 7 worm, 8 worm, 9 worm, 10 worm, 11 worm, 12 worm, and finally 13 wiggly worms. I just kept feeding him worms. He was like a worm monster machine. When ever I fed rocky Reptomin he would stick his head up sooooooo far it looked like a rocket blasting off!!!. Once I dropped a cube of blood worms, it just fell in his mouth SNAP SNAP SNAP it was like a bomb falling in a mouth. I never knew that there was a little worm under him. It was very weird at first, but Rocky ate it. A little later, there was a dead worm, right next to him. He never noticed it. He never ate it, never touched it. He just looked at it!. I kept picking it up and putting it in. Right when I dropped a worm in, suddenly the water got sooo dirty. A little later Rocky finally ate a mosquito larva ( it was hard to spell ). I thought he never ate mosquito larva! Rocky ate 50 REPTOMIN TODAY. When Rocky was eating Reptomin he was like a torpedo speeding through the water. It was sooo amazing for me. He always eats only 12 Reptomin. It was the first time ever Rocky has eaten 50 Reptomin for my shift. I just kept feeding him Reptomin, picking one up and putting it in. The water got soooo dirty when I dropped the Reptomin in. It was soooo dirty I couldn't see Rocky. He was just a blur to me! He was so small he looked like a baby in January!