Today We Saw ... (May 27)

a mother snapping turtle laying eggs. See the after pictures on the side bar. More photos coming soon.

Team 1 Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26, 2010

First Shift
In the morning I fed rocky eleven Reptomin. He gobbled them up in seconds. Then I fed Rocky a cube of bloodworms. Then I gave him one cube of Brine shrimp. He enjoyed that a lot, and ate it in seconds. I have noticed that he's been eating almost everything. It's been a crazy week and now Rocky is celebrating with a feast of bloodworms, eating, playing and the celebration of laziness.

Second shift

Hey, tl and Rocky here! This afternoon after our recess, I fed Rocky. He was like, 'Thanks. It's been along time since someone fed me.' I smiled when Rocky made me jump when I brought two pieces of Reptomin over to the right-hand corner. Reptomin is Rocky's favorite food ( not bloodworm, peoples! That's his second favorite food!) I fed him seven more Reptomin, they went Poof! Gone like magic, Rocky ate it again very fast. Rocky looked at me. If he could talk, he would say, "'More please!'" I gave him another. And another. Then I ran over to the fridge ( Just Kidding! I walked.) And opened the door. I got out the blood worms and cut the others off of that one.( They are connected by wrapper.) I went over to Rocky and he went to the bloodworm immediately. Then in a flash, it was gone. He opened his mouth. Some bubbles came out! I still wonder about that, though. Maybe it was his way of saying thank you.

Third shift

Rocky ate 14 Reptomin. They floated towards Rocky and he gobbled them up. Next Rocky swam to the corner of the tank as usual. There was some Reptomin outside of the tank. He was snapping at it, so I fed Rocky 8 more. He swam to the Reptomin and then devoured them in seconds!!! Then went back to the corner.

Fourth Shift

Before recess rocky ate 9 reptomin. It was so cool!! It was cool because he ate the Reptomin at the same time. After recess I fed him 7 more Reptomin. Rocky didn't eat anything!!! I watched and watched and watched but nothing happened. And then he looked at the old old blood worms. He gobbled them up like a dinosaur.