Today We Saw ... (May 27)

a mother snapping turtle laying eggs. See the after pictures on the side bar. More photos coming soon.

Team 2 Monday, March 29, 2010

In the early morning Rocky ATE SOMETHING!!! He ate 2 earthworms, and 1 vegetable cube!!! I can't believe he actually ate during my shift!!! And SO much!!! I saw that it looks like Rocky has a tiny pig nose. I looked inside Rocky's tiny mouth, and it looked like a tiny pink pillow! I wonder if it actually felt like a pink pillow.

Observations
Rocky is spiky, it looks like mountains on his shell. He is HUGE. I can hardly believe that he was not even as big as my palm.
As far as food, everything is the same. Nothings exciting anymore.
EM and I found a worm. We gave it to Rocky and he ate it in less than 1 second!
Rocky is growing fast.

Rocky ate 3 bloodworms and 1 veggie cube. He ate them in a split second once he got a hold of it. Rocky has a hook on his mouth. When he tries to get his food it gets hooked then he eats it. Rocky is very big. He is 10 centimeters. He is eating a lot of different foods.